Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Schlotzsky's:

I am just writing to inform you that I am sorry I wrote you off in high school 12 years ago - but you had olives on ALL of your sandwiches, and I don't do olives. So I blew you off, decided I wouldn't give you a second thought, and never visited you again.

Until today.

A co-worker who was pleased with work I did for her this week offered me lunch, and then said 'How about Schlotzsky's?' She is a lovely old lady and I couldn't turn her down so I thought, sure, I will just find something there.

Cue the Cranberry, Appl,e Chicken & Pecan salad.

I can't even explain the party in my mouth right now. Rosemary bread croutons, grilled chicken pieces, pecans, goat cheese, spinach, romaine lettuce and red wine vinaigrette. And to top it off, a whole apple, sliced into four pieces lying on top.

Seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I am sorry I wrote you off all those years ago. I don't even know if you still do the olives in the sandwiches thing, but at this point, it does not matter.

Salivating slightly,
EB

No comments: