Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dear Walgreens:

I think that every year we have this conversation. It seems that you don't listen to me Walgreens. I know you enjoy Halloween, and that you try to get a big push in sales this year, but the depths you're going to - well - let's just say that you're getting desperate, Walgreens. And no one likes a needy drug store.

The flying ghouls, the severed heads, the creppy sound effects in every corner, the fake cobwebs covering food and make-up items, the spider rings, the tombstones, the pumpkins. It's only the beginning. Why do you feel like you have to try so hard? You know that you are the only drug store for me, but when fall comes around, well, you're just a bit clingy. I know that if I need Halloween candy you're right down the street. I know that you carry an assortment of Halloween decorations, you don't have to fly them at me, or put them in every aisle to make sure I have enough life-like tombstones with real sound effects for my yard.

I don't need your black and orange Christmas lights for my house, I won't need a black cat pillow for my couch, and I certainly do not need a 12 foot ringwraith flying in my yard. Thanks, but no thanks, Walgreens, on your holiday to nowhere.

-Blech.
-Me.

2 comments:

becca-b said...

ha, good one. and what is a 12 foot ring wraith? i don't know what it is but i think i need one..

Paul said...

I remember Wraiths from playing Rogue (Fantasy-adventure game using the best ASCII money can buy) on the UNIX mainframe back in college, but that's about all.