Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear United States Post Office:

I wanted to start by saying that I really appreciate the fact that you deliver my mail almost everyday without fail. I like the way you encourage the mail people to smile and say 'hi' if I happen to be outside while they are delivering the mail, rocking their headphones and awesome shorts. And I like the fact that you have an automated machine that does almost everything for me at the post office, so I don't have to interact with any real humans.

Listen, I know it's been tough lately, wondering if you will get to stay open, trying to figure out how much you can raise stamp costs, laying off people left and right. i get it, you're going through a rough time. I mean, let's face it, after email became popular, you were probably all 'We're so Screwed!' And it all went downhill from there.

With all that said, I really just want to offer one tiny suggestion. Maybe when you have a line of over thirty people at your counter, you should call another person up instead of just making one poor post office worker handle it all. Because that one guy, that poor little dude got dumped all over the entire forty five minutes I wasn't hanging out in line. (Oh yeah, did I mention I was there is line for forty five minutes? Because I was.) Every time he called another person up to help them, he got an earful about how long the line was. And I guess it was just not within his job authority to go get someone else. And even though maybe four to five completely separate workers walked in and did something at the counter, thus seeing the situation their friend was in, they all went back to where they had come from and did not help.

If you could get some heads together and try to figure out how to solve some of these problems, particularly the whole 'waiting in line for 45 minutes' things, I can assure you I would love to get the word out about how awesome you have become.

Sincerely,
(I just wanted a roll of 100 stamps)
EB

No comments: