Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Work Ethic:

Alas, it seems like you and I will have to part ways for a while, because the more I hang out with you, the more everybody else sees me as a person that can do all the crap they can't get done. And the more I pronounce you faithfully as a friend, the more 'new jobs' I get added to my job description. And sadly, every time I come back from a great time spent with you, new projects have magically appeared on my desk, in my inbox, and in my boss's head for me.

So here's the deal, trusty friend, I can only see you in secret, when nobody is really watching. If I'm out in public again with you, I think I might start having to take a larger does of Prozac, due to the unusually large quantities of work that will find their way to me. But don't worry, I will be back in full force soon. It's not a break-up, it's a trial-separation.

Sincerely,
The overwhelmed and overworked girl who started out as temp and three weeks later has more responsibility than half the people in her building.

No comments: